Terms & Conditions
WEBSITE USE AGREEMENT AND TERMS AND CONDITIONS
PLEASE READ THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY AS IT GOVERNS YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE. IT EXEMPTS THE SHOP OWNERS AND OTHER PERSONS FROM LIABILITY OR LIMITS THEIR LIABILITY, AND CONTAINS OTHER IMPORTANT PROVISIONS THAT YOU SHOULD READ.
This Agreement contains the following provisions
- Your Acceptance of this Agreement
- Permission to Use the Website
- Changes to this Agreement
- Ownership and Permitted Use of the Website
- Misprints and Errors, Product Availability and Prices
- No Linking, Framing, Mirroring, Scraping, Data-Mining or Postings
- Login Names and Passwords
- Unsolicited Submissions
- Your Information
- Disclaimers, Liability Exclusions/Limitations and Indemnity
- Personal Information Privacy
- Other Sites/Resources
- Governing Law and Dispute Resolution
- Other Matters
- Door Guarantee
1. YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THIS AGREEMENT
This is an Agreement between you and all persons you represent (and for purposes of this Agreement, “person” includes natural persons and any type of incorporated or unincorporated entity). (“The Shop Owner”) regarding your access to and use of this website and all content, information, products and services available on or through the website (collectively, the “Website”). This Agreement also provides benefits to this Shop Owners affiliates, service providers, suppliers and other persons. Each time you use the Website you signify your acceptance and agreement, and the acceptance and agreement of any person you purport to represent, to be bound by this Agreement as it then reads, and you represent and warrant that you have the legal authority to agree to and accept this Agreement on behalf of yourself and any person you purport to represent. If you do not agree with each provision of this Agreement, or you are not authorised to agree to and accept this Agreement on behalf of the person you purport to represent, you may not access or use the Website. The Website is for convenience and informational purposes only and is not intended to convey advice or recommendations, or an offer to sell any product or service.
This Agreement is in addition to any other agreement you may have with The Shop Owner, including a transaction agreement.
2. PERMISSION TO USE THE WEBSITE
You may use the Website only if you have reached the age of majority where you live and you can form legally binding contracts under applicable law. You may not use the Website if you live in a jurisdiction where access to or use of the Website or any part of it may be illegal or prohibited. It is solely your responsibility to determine whether your use of the Website is lawful, and you must comply with all applicable laws. The Shop Owner reserves the right to request proof of identification and age (for example, proof of your ability to purchase certain items).
3. CHANGES TO THIS AGREEMENT
The The Shop Owner may, in its sole discretion, change this Agreement from time to time as it relates to future use of the Website, by posting a revised Agreement on the Website. By using the Website after this revised Agreement has been posted, you signify your acceptance and agreement to be bound by the revised Agreement. You may not change this Agreement in any manner.
4. OWNERSHIP AND PERMITTED USE OF THE WEBSITE
The Website (including all content, page headers, custom graphics, button icons, and scripts and the presentation, arrangement, coordination, enhancement and selection of such and other information in text, graphical, video and audio forms, images, icons, software, designs, applications, data, and other elements available on or through the Website) is the property of The Shop Owner and others, and is protected by British and international copyright, trademark and other laws. Your use of the Website does not transfer to you any ownership or other rights in the Website or its content. The Website is made available to you for your lawful, personal use only. You may use the Website only in the manner described expressly in this Agreement and subject to all applicable laws. Using the Website for any other purpose or in any other manner is strictly prohibited. You may print Website pages provided that you do not modify any of the pages and you do not remove or alter any visible or non-visible identification, marks, notices, or disclaimers. The Website and its content may not be copied, imitated, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, modified, indexed, catalogued, mirrored or distributed in any way, in whole or in part, without the express prior written consent of The Shop Owner. You may not sell or resell any part of the Website or access to the Website. You may not use any of the software that is used in the operation or provision of the Website except while you are using the Website in accordance with this Agreement.
5. MISPRINTS AND ERRORS, PRODUCT AVAILABILITY AND PRICES
The Shop Owner endeavors to provide current and accurate information on the Website. However, misprints, errors, inaccuracies, omissions (including incorrect specifications for products) or other errors may sometimes occur. The Shop Owner cannot guarantee that products and services advertised on the Website will be available when ordered or thereafter. The Shop Owner does not warrant that the content of the Website including, without limitation, product descriptions or photographs, is accurate or complete. The Shop Owner reserves the right to: (a) correct any error, inaccuracy or omission at any time without prior notice or liability to you or any other person; (b) change at any time the products and services advertised or made available for sale on the Website, the prices, fees, charges and specifications of such products and services, any promotional offers and any other Website content without any notice or liability to you or any other person; (c) reject, correct, cancel or terminate any order, including accepted orders for any reason and (d) limit quantities available for sale or sold. The advertisements on the Website are invitations to you to make offers to purchase products and services on the Website and are not offers to sell.
6. NO LINKING, FRAMING, MIRRORING, SCRAPING, DATA-MINING OR POSTINGS
Links to the Website without the express written permission of The Shop Owner are strictly prohibited. To request permission to link to the Website, please send an email to The Shop Owner via the contact page of this Website. The Shop Owner may in its discretion cancel and revoke any permission it may give to link to the Website at any time and without any notice or liability. The framing, mirroring, scraping or data-mining of the Website or any of its content in any form and by any means is strictly prohibited. You may not use any collaborative browsing or display technologies in connection with your use of the Website or to post comments, communications, or any other data of any kind to or on the Website with the intention that such postings may be viewed by other users of the Website.
7. LOGIN NAMES AND PASSWORDS
Certain areas and features of the Website are accessible only to users who have been issued a login name and password (collectively “User Details”) by The Shop Owner. For the purposes of accessing the Website, the User Details remain the property of The Shop Owner and may be cancelled or suspended at any time by The Shop Owner in its discretion without any notice or liability to you or any other person. The Shop Owner is not under any obligation to verify the actual identity or authority of any person using User Details to access and use the Website. The Shop Owner may act upon any communication that is given with the use of User Details. The Shop Owner may in its discretion at any time require proof of the identity of any person seeking to access and use the Website, and may deny access to and use of the Website or parts of it or refuse to accept or act upon any communication if The Shop Owner is not satisfied with such proof. If you have been issued User Details: (a) you are fully responsible and liable for the security of the User Details and any and all use and misuse of the User Details; (b) you will keep the User Details secure and confidential at all times and not disclose the User Details to any other person or permit any other person to use the User Details; (c) you will ensure that all uses of the User Details comply with this Agreement; (d) once you have logged-on to the Website using the User Details, you will not leave the computer terminal used to access the Website unless and until you have terminated the session and logged-off the Website; and (e) you will immediately notify The Shop Owner by telephone or email via the contact page of this Website if you know or suspect that any User Details have been lost or stolen or become known to or used by any other person.
8. UNSOLICITED SUBMISSIONS
In order to avoid potential misunderstandings or disputes, The Shop Owner does not accept or consider unsolicited ideas or suggestions (“Submissions”). If you send Submissions to The Shop Owner or the Website, you automatically grant (or warrant that the owner of the Submissions grants) to The Shop Owner and its successors, assigns and licensees a perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable, unrestricted, non-exclusive, world-wide, assignable, sublicensable, right and license to use and exploit the Submissions or any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques associated with the Submissions for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, using any form, media or technology now known or later developed, without providing any attribution or compensation to you or any other person, without any liability whatsoever, and free from any obligation of confidence or other duties on the part of The Shop Owner or its successors, assigns and licensees, and you agree, represent and warrant that all moral rights in the Submissions are waived in favour of The Shop Owner and its successors, assigns and licensees.
9. YOUR INFORMATION
All information you provide through the Website, including registration information (name and email address), payment information (credit card numbers and expiration dates), and transaction-related information, must be true, accurate, current and complete. The Shop Owner will rely on the information you provide. You will be solely responsible and liable for any and all loss, damage, and additional costs that you, The Shop Owner or any other person may incur as a result of your submission of any false, incorrect or incomplete information or your failure to update your registration information and payment information within 30 days of any change.
10. DISCLAIMERS, LIABILITY EXCLUSIONS/LIMITATIONS AND INDEMNITY
YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE WEBSITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION IMPLIED REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF OR RELATING TO ACCURACY, ACCESSIBILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, MERCHANTABILITY, PERFORMANCE OR DURABILITY, ALL OF WHICH ARE DISCLAIMED BY THE SHOP OWNER TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
THE SHOP OWNER AND ITS PROVIDERS WILL NEVER BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR EXEMPLARY LOSS OR DAMAGE ARISING FROM, CONNECTED WITH, OR RELATING TO THE WEBSITE OR THIS AGREEMENT INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF DATA, BUSINESS, MARKETS, SAVINGS, INCOME, PROFITS, USE, PRODUCTION, REPUTATION OR GOODWILL, ANTICIPATED OR OTHERWISE, OR ECONOMIC LOSS, UNDER ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER THEORY OR LAW OR EQUITY), REGARDLESS OF ANY NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER FAULT OR WRONGDOING (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION GROSS NEGLIGENCE AND FUNDAMENTAL BREACH) BY THE SHOP OWNER OR ANY PERSON FOR WHOM THE SHOP OWNER IS RESPONSIBLE, AND EVEN IF THE SHOP OWNER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGE BEING INCURRED.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND EXCLUSION BY STATUTE IN CERTAIN JURISDICTIONS
THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES AND THE LIMITATION OF CERTAIN LIABILITIES IS PROHIBITED IN SOME JURISDICTIONS. THESE STATUTORY PROHIBITIONS MAY APPLY TO YOU.
11. PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY
12. OTHER SITES/RESOURCES
For your convenience, the Website may include links or references to other Internet sites or resources and businesses operated by other persons (collectively “Other Sites”). Other Sites are independent from The Shop Owner, and The Shop Owner has no responsibility or liability for or control over Other Sites, their business, goods, services, or content. The Shop Owner does not sponsor or endorse Other Sites or their business, goods, services, or content, unless expressly indicated in writing. Your use of Other Sites and your dealings with the owners or operators of Other Sites is at your own risk, and you will not make any claim against The Shop Owner arising from, connected with, or relating to your use of Other Sites or your dealings with the owners or operators of Other Sites. As between you and The Shop Owner, this Agreement, with all necessary modifications, applies to your access and use of any Other Sites and their business, goods, services and content.
Notwithstanding any other provision of this Agreement, The Shop Owner may in its discretion change, discontinue, modify, restrict, suspend or terminate the Website or any part of it without any notice or liability to you or any other person. The Shop Owner may in its discretion and for its convenience at any time immediately terminate, temporarily or permanently, this Agreement or your permission to access and use the Website without any notice or liability to you or any other person. If this Agreement or your permission to access or use all or any part of the Website is terminated for any reason, then this Agreement and all other then existing agreements between you and The Shop Owner will continue to apply and be binding upon you regarding your prior access to and use of the Website, and anything connected with, relating to or arising therefrom.
14. GOVERNING LAW AND DISPUTE RESOLUTION
This Agreement, your access to and use of the Website, and all related matters are governed solely by the laws of the United Kingdom. Any dispute between you and The Shop Owner or any other person arising from, connected with or relating to the Website, this Agreement, or any related matters (collectively “Disputes”) will be resolved before the British Court, and you hereby irrevocably submit and attorn to the original and exclusive jurisdiction of this court in respect of all Disputes.
15. OTHER MATTERS
If any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason, then the provision will be deemed to be severed from this Agreement and the remaining provisions will continue in full force and effect . This Agreement ensures to the benefit of and is binding upon each of The Shop Owner and its successors, assigns and related persons, and you and your heirs, executors, administrators, successors, permitted assigns and personal representatives. You may not assign this Agreement or the rights and obligations under this Agreement. The Shop Owner may assign this Agreement and its rights and obligations under this Agreement without your consent. No consent or waiver by any party to or of any breach or default by any other party in its performance of its obligations under this Agreement will be: (a) deemed or construed to be a consent to or waiver of a continuing breach or default or any other breach or default of those or any other obligations of that party; or (b) effective unless in writing and signed by all parties. The parties have expressly requested and required that this Agreement and all other related documents be drawn up in the English language.
16. DOOR GUARANTEE
LIMITED DOOR GUARANTEE
All doors supplied by Chislehurst Doors Ltd, hereafter referred to as CD (except those doors expressly excluded from this guarantee by CD, effective as at 1st November 20012) are guaranteed by CD , to be of good material and workmanship and to be free of defects which would render said doors unserviceable and/or unfit for the ordinary, recommended use.
This guarantee is made to the original purchaser only and does not extend to subsequent purchasers during the period of this warranty.
If at the time a door delivery is received, said door(s) are found to have a defect(s) which can reasonably be discovered by inspection of each door, the receiver of the door(s) must, prior to hanging or fitting, and within 3 days, send written notice of said discovered defect(s) to CD. All doors should be fully inspected prior to altering or fitting – any work undertaken on the door shall constitute acceptance.
If a fault rather than defect develops after the door is fitted, written notice of said fault(s) must be sent to CD. No claim will be honoured unless an authorised representative of CD performs a site inspection (at the discretion of the company).
If guaranteed doors are found to contain defects/faults as stated herein, CD, at our option will either, repair defective/faulty door(s), furnish purchaser with replacement door(s) or refund to the current owner the amount the original purchaser paid CD for the returned defective/faulty door(s). This guarantee does not cover any other charges incurred such as labour for removal of defective door, rehanging of new and/or replacement door, transportation to and from site or reimbursement for any other work/service not originally supplied by CD.
LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS
- Unsatisfactory service or appearance caused by failure to follow the “Handling/Finishing/Installation” instructions set out herein or similarly in the alternative contained within the door packaging are excluded from this guarantee.
- Natural variations in the colour or texture of wood are not to be considered as defects.
- Warp/bow/cup/twist (as set out in the relevant British Standard) shall not be considered a defect unless it exceeds 1/4 inch (6.35mm) in the plane of the door itself. Warp is any distortion in the door itself and does not refer to the relationship of the door to the frame or jamb in which it is hung.
- When measuring the amount of warp in a door, the following method shall be used: bow, cup or twist shall be measured by placing a straight-edge on the suspected concave face of the door at any angle (i.e. diagonally, horizontally, vertically), with the door in its installed position. The measurement of bow, cup and twist shall be made at the point of maximum distance between the bottom of the straight edge and the face of the door. Shrinkage/swelling shall not be considered as a defect.
- Experience demonstrates that when warp occurs after delivery, it is usually due to improper storage or adverse moisture conditions after handling, not to faulty manufacture. The manufacturer will accept no responsibility for the development of warp when the moisture content of the timber falls below 12% or exceeds 18%. Obviously, the manufacturer cannot assume responsibility for conditions wholly beyond its control. The manufacturer should, however, be consulted promptly if excessive warping occurs to assist in overcoming the difficulty.
- The guarantee on Double Glazed Units is restricted.
- All the following doors are excluded from this guarantee:
- All Knotty Pine doors and Door Blanks.
- All non-stock/special doors, which fall outside of the usual CD standard stock size profile (i.e. special orders).
- All doors that are improperly hung or do not swing freely.
- Normal wear and tear including wear through of finish.
- The appearance of any door with non-factory applied high gloss finish.
- All doors stored on sites other than the properly prepared storage areas/warehouses of CD’s client/customer, other than for reasons of satisfying the relevant paragraphs of the Handling, Finishing and Installation category set out below.
- All doors not supplied finished by or not finished prior to installation.
- Any product treated with a water based finish.
- All exterior doors where there is inadequate overhead protection.
- Any installation CD deems structurally unstable – this will be noted in writing by CD.
- CD shall not be liable for any doors repaired, returned or replaced without prior consent by CD.
HANDLING, JOB FINISHING AND INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Upon receipt of delivery of doors, inspect each door for any visible defects. Doors should be stored on a flat and level surface in a dry, well-ventilated building. Cover to keep clean and keep out sunlight, but allow air circulation.
- Handle with clean gloves and do not drag doors across one another or across other surfaces.
- Doors should not be subject to: abnormal heat, extreme dryness, humid conditions or sudden changes therein. They should be conditioned to average prevailing relative humidity of the locality before hanging.
- The utility or structural strength of the door must not be impaired in the fitting of the door, the application of the hardware, or cutting and altering the door.
- Before finishing, remove handling marks or effects of exposure to moisture with a thorough final sanding over all surfaces of the door using fine sandpaper. Clean before applying sealer or finish. Some species of wood contain a chemical (oak particularly), which reacts unfavourably with certain finishes. Where possible, the surface should be tested for such unfavourable reactions. Application of a sealer before finishing will usually prevent this difficulty. Do not use steel wool or other sanding materials containing steel/iron on Oak doors.
- Immediately after fitting, or cutting for closures, weather-strip and/or threshold, and before hanging any interior or exterior door on the job, the entire door, including the top and bottom edges must receive an application of a suitable sealer/primer and two coats of a good grade of paint, varnish, lacquer, micro porous wood finish. Always check with the manufacturer of the chosen finish to ensure suitability and/or compatibility with the particular construction and specie of your door choice. . Adequate drying time must be allowed between coats. For job site finishing, do not use a water-thinned paint unless an oil base prime coat is first applied. Exterior finishes shall be used on the faces and all edges of exterior doors.
- Avoid dark colours on exterior doors in direct sunlight.
- All doors should be checked prior to installation. The working upon or installation of these doors shall constitute acceptance.
- There are no warranties that extend beyond the foregoing, and CD’s responsibility under this guarantee is as stated herein. CD shall not be liable for consequential, incidental damages, or for any amount in excess of CD’s original invoiced price for the doors involved, whether the claim is for breach of guarantee or negligence.
- CD attempt to do everything that is reasonably possible so as to ensure that the relevant British Standards that relate to wooden doors are met or exceeded.
Any rights not expressly granted by this Agreement are reserved to The Shop Owner.
You may contact The Shop Owner by telephone, email, or postal mail via the contact page of this Website.
Although care is taken in the selection of the veneers and other timber components in our doors, it must be understood that timber is a natural material and some variation in the colour, grain and texture can occur.
In the case of Pre-Finished doors, we are always working with our supplier to improve the finish of the doors we supply. With that in mind, it is possible that the texture of the finish might vary from batch to batch. It is therefore of the utmost importance that all doors are checked prior to the commencement of any work on them.
Remember that any work carried out on doors constitutes as acceptance and returns will not be accepted for any of the reason mentioned above. Or for any noticeable or unacceptable defect, if the door has ben worked on in any way whatsoever.